Under the conditions, limits and procedures applicable to your medical professional liability protection afforded by Washington University School of Medicine, you are obligated to report promptly to the Risk Management Office any patient situation which could reasonably be expected to result in a claim involving the following injures if they are unexpected:
- Paraplegia, quadriplegia or paralysis;
- Spinal cord injuries;
- Nerve injury or neurological deficit;
- Brain damage;
- Total or partial loss of a limb or use of a limb;
- Sensory or reproductive organ, loss or impairment;
- Serious impairment or disfigurement, including burns;
- Injuries involving an infant under six months of age;
- Unexpected outcome which resulted in further care;
- Injury due to malfunction of a medical device, instrument, or equipment;
- Legal inquiries regarding care provided, including medical record requests,subpoenas, and summons.
Notification of an event can be done by entering information in the Event Reporting System at https://ers.wusm.wustl.edu. If you have any questions, please contact Meg O’Neill at 314-362-4686 or email@example.com.
You may also call the Risk Management Department at 314-362-6956.